Estimated time to platinum: 4 Hours.
Missable trophies: 8
Glitched trophies: None.
Difficulty related: None.
Welcome to The Coma: Recut Trophy Guide!
Enter The Coma, a weird, scary, alternate reality where danger is hiding around every corner, and a Killer is hunting you every second. Can you unravel this mysterious reality and escape back to real life in this 2D Survival Horror?
The other stack is the same as the AS stack but has different trophy values.
Step 1: Play the Game, Being Mindful of Missables
Note: This list is for the Asia version of the game. It’s also for the limited edition physical copy that you can pre-order here.
During this stage, just play the game. It can all be done in one single playthrough if you follow the guide and the steps for Honest Heart, making sure to rotate between all four saves just in case you mess something up. The game is fairly easy, minus some parts where The Killer can get put in annoying spawns and it may take you a couple of tries to get out. But besides that, the game is very fun and has some dark atmosphere. Also be sure to finish the game just before you talk to the Noteman, to get the bad ending. By the end of this step, you should have the platinum if you followed everything step by step.
You’ll be earning these trophies:
Survived the Reaper
Step 2: Clean up
This stage would be used for another playthrough if you missed a missable trophy, or if you made a mistake while going for the good ending. Use this time to clean up any loose ends for a fun little platinum.
Tips and Strategies:
- The Killer always screams first when entering new doorways, so if it’s in front of you with nowhere to go, find a new doorway to enter, and when the beast enters the doorway, use the time to re-enter the doorway and quickly run away.
- Objects can only be searched when the flashlight is on. To use the flashlight, you have to press .
- Be mindful of the floor and ceilings. Some rooms have pods with mouths that break open and a tongue lashes out and can poison you, or dead bodies hiding that slash at you to make you bleed, or bodies that fall from the ceiling to hurt you. Both kinds of bodies will activate by getting close, and the pods will eventually activate and disappear with time. Be mindful as the pods will respawn.
- Enemies can still harm you if you have a dialogue box open or the menu open.
- Save every chance you get! The Killer could appear at any time and kill you and send you back a bit if you forget to save.
- You can’t attack. Your only option is to RUN!
Unlock all trophies.
|Peeping Tom |
To get this trophy, you have to peek inside a girl’s washroom. At the beginning of the game, when you get into the school, you’ll be tasked with going to your classroom on the second floor. Before you go to your classroom, walk all the way to the right side of the hallway and there will be a set of bathrooms. Walk up to the girl’s bathroom door and interact with it by pressing . After the tiny amount of dialogue, the trophy will unlock.
|Hacker Elite |
Some people just can’t hack it.
To get this trophy, you must first have access to the Main Building to be able to access this side quest. First off, go to the 4th floor of the Main Building and go into Classroom 3-F, and you’ll find a student chained to a desk. If you interact with him, you won’t get much dialogue. Next you next door to Study A and interact with the giant chalkboard in the middle of the room with Circle. Your character will talk about how he knows his math but it’s all hazy. Next, go back to Classroom 3-F and talk to the student at the desk again and he will ask for a favor. You will then have to go to the West Building and go to Classroom 2-F which is on the 4th floor and grab the key on the right side of the room. Afterward, go back to the Main Building and head to the Counseling Office on the 2nd floor and interact with the computer inside the room.
After you find the key to the Headmaster’s Office (part of the story), head into the Office. At the far end of the room is a computer that you have to pick options to open a door. The correct responses are Option B, Option A, Option A, Option B. Afterwards a door will open. Go through it and follow all the rooms through until eventually, you enter a room with a white sheet and blood on it. To the left of that, you will see an object shining that you can pick up. Pick it up. Now return to the Counseling Office and interact with the computer using and at the end of all the dialogue, choose Option A to change your characters math grade. After the dialogue is all over, the trophy will unlock. MAKE SURE to save just before completing this trophy if you’re going for Honest Heart in one playthrough.
Just do the math!
To get this trophy, you must first have access to the Main Building to be able to access this side quest. First off, go to the 4th floor of the Main Building and go into Classroom 3-F, and you’ll find a student chained to a desk. If you interact with him, you won’t get much dialogue. Next, your next door to Study A and interact with the giant chalkboard in the middle of the room with . Your character will talk about how he knows his math but it’s all hazy. Next, go back to Classroom 3-F and talk to the student at the desk again and he will ask for a favor. You will then have to go to the West Building and go to Classroom 2-F which is on the 4th floor and grab the key on the right side of the room. After you have the key, return to the Main Building and go back to Classroom 3-F and talk to the student. After the dialogue, return to Study the next door and interact with the chalkboard once again. After the dialogue, the trophy will pop.
|Survived the Reaper |
Brush with death.
To get this trophy, you must survive a brush with death. Eventually, you’ll be tasked with grabbing a piece of a “Relic” for a monster known as “The Shade”. The relic is easy to find, as it in the Biology Laboratory of the Main Building. After you find the part of the “Relic”, you must return to the Underground Storage where “The Shade” is waiting. Simply interact with it using and after all the dialogue, the trophy will unlock, as your character just survived a brush with death!
|Childhood Friends |
Connect with a childhood friend.
To get this trophy, you have to find your friend Mina. To do that, you have to wait until you find the key in the security office to be able to access all of the classrooms. The next step is that you’ll have to go to Classroom 1-C of the Western Building. Once inside, you will see Mina in the center of the room. Go up to her and interact with her by pressing . During the dialogue, select option A and at the end of it all, the trophy will pop.
|Good Karma |
Reap the rewards of good karma.
To get this trophy, you must first complete Childhood Friends, so refer to that to know how to complete it. Afterward, you have to find your way to the Medical Centre and find the item in the item boxes that turns out to be a medical kit. Once you have the item, return to Classroom 1-C where Mina is, and give her the medical kit. A little later in the game, when you get access to the North Building, you’ll come across Myung-Gil who is blocking your way. Approach him and interact with him by pressing and during the dialogue, Mina will eventually show up. After the dialogue is finished, the trophy will pop.
This chump got shanked!
To get this trophy, you have to find the chump that got shanked! After getting your objective from the Noteman and having to go to the Western Building, your next objective will show to be in Classroom 2-C. As you’re going to the entrance, you will see a body sitting near the wall. All you have to do is simply walk up to it and interact with it using and you will get some dialogue. After the dialogue, the trophy will unlock.
|The Noteman |
Someone of note.
To get this trophy, you have to meet the Noteman. After you find the “Key” in the Main Building, you’ll be tasked to return to the cafeteria to talk to Yaesol. When you get there, there will be a person standing on the couch in the cafeteria. This is the Noteman. Interact with him by pressing and some dialogue will happen telling you what your next objective is. After the dialogue, the trophy will unlock.
|Ghost Vigilante |
Meet a Ghost Vigilante.
To get this trophy, you must meet Ghost Vigilante. What it really means is, you must interact with two people. After you get the key for the school’s staff room from Class 1-A in the West Building, you exit and see a friend of your main character. Interact with him by pressing and there will be dialogue that happens about Ms. Song and how to escape the school. Afterward, the character will run off. Now run back to the cafeteria and interact with Yaesol, and you will tell her about how you just saw your friend. After the dialogue, the trophy will unlock.
|Class 1-E |
There and back again?
To get this trophy, you have to make it all make it to the end of the game. This trophy is for getting the bad ending of the game. If you just run through the game, this trophy will come naturally, or you can pair it with Honest Heart so you don’t have to do a 2nd playthrough of the game. This ending is acquired by not meeting all the requirements for Honest Heart. After the school starts shaking and you have to leave before it collapses, your last objective will be to return to the main character’s homeroom, Class 1-E. When you get to the last room of the game, the trophy will unlock.
|Honest Heart |
Objectives cleared with an honest heart.
To get this trophy, you have to get the good ending of the game. You can start working on the good ending when you get to the Main Building and get your Report Card which is the “Key” you search for early on in the game. For the good ending, you have to start passing the 3 classes that your character is failing, which is Social Studies, Math, and Art. Luckily all the subjects are connected to other trophies. You must complete all 5 tasks, in order, to get the true ending.
- Social Studies – To start passing social studies, you must save Mina in Classroom 1-C by bringing her the First Aid Kit from the Medical Centre. Refer to Childhood Friends and Good Karma on how to save Mina and raise your Social Studies grade.
- Math – This is where it gets confusing, as the Math portion has 2 steps in it that must be done in order or you lose the chance to do it. You have to do all the steps outlined in Hacker Elite, except at the end of the questline, when you’re interacting with the computer in the Counselling Office, you have to make sure you press Option B to NOT change your math grade. After this, you want to go back to Classroom 3-F on the 4th floor of the Main Building and interact with the student in the desk to get the right answer to the math question in Study A. Return to Study A and interact with the giant chalkboard to raise your characters Math grade and also obtain Mathematician.
- Art – After you reach the North Building, you will be able to get into the Art Room. When you get into the Art Room, interact with the objects in here and your character will talk about the project he left back in homeroom. So now you have to backtrack all the way to the West Building, to Classroom 1-E, and interact with the objects on the very left side of the room. When you find your character’s Art project, make your way back to the North Building and back to the Art Room. Interact with the same object from the beginning of the questline and your character will talk about how his Art grade went up.
- Noteman – After the school starts breaking down, you have this last step. When you get to the end of the Main Building, instead of entering the Cafeteria and transitioning to the Western Building, take the stairs up to the 4th floor, and there will be a set of doors to go in. Inside the Noteman will be there. Talk to him repeatedly and pick the following dialogue choices: Option B (Show Pendant), Option A (Ask about girl), Option B (Ask about The Shade), Option B (Ask how to get out).
After all these steps have been followed in order, it’s time to make your way to Classroom 1-E to end the game. If you did everything correctly when you reach the room, Yaesol will be standing outside and a cutscene will occur. At the end of all the dialogue, the trophy will unlock.