Estimated time to Platinum: 5 hours.
Missable trophies: None.
Glitched trophies: None.
Difficulty related: None.
Welcome to the Reverie Trophy Guide!
Always wanted to play Zelda that looks like Earthbound? Now you can with Reverie! Take the role of Tai and help save your grandparents island from the rage of a god in this fun little Zelda clone!
Step 1: Enjoy the Game
During this stage, play and enjoy the game. The game is open-world so you can get all but 3 of the trophies before you actually beat the game. Nothing is missable at all so there is nothing to worry about. Go at your own pace and just enjoy the game for what it is. A great little Zelda clone.
You’ll be earning the majority of the trophies during this step.
Step 2: Bonus Dungeon and clean up
During this stage, you will be playing through the bonus dungeon that unlocks after you beat the game. During this stage you will also get the last feather needed for the collectibles if you collected all of the other 19 feathers. This will also be the time to clean up a bunch of the trophies that you have not obtained. By the end of this stage, you will have the platinum!
During this step you’ll earn these trophies:
Stop Trying to Hit Me and Hit Me!
You’re Making Me Violent
Tai of New Zealand
Tips and Strategies:
|Tai of New Zealand
Collect all other trophies.
Collect all other trophies.
|We All Need a Hobby
Look at the feather book.
In order to get this trophy, you have to go to the Feather Book that is in Tai’s room and interact with it. It is sitting on the desk in the room and you interact with it by simply pressing .
|Everything in its Right Place
Rearrange your inventory.
To rearrange your inventory, you must hover over an item and press and then once you have a selected you press to confirm its new position in your inventory. After you move an item around in your inventory the trophy will unlock.
Acquire the maximum amount of coins.
This trophy requires you to get the maximum amount of coins all at once. This doesn’t take too long as the maximum amount of coins in 200. Once you get 200 coins, the trophy will unlock.
|There’s a Time and Place for Everything
Use the wheelshoes inside your house.
To get this trophy, you must get the wheel shoes from the store in town for 200 coins and then go back to your house. Once in your house, equip the wheel shoes and use them. After you use them, the trophy will unlock.
|The Right Side of History
Change the pizza option.
For this trophy, the steps are a little unorthodox. First, you have to go into the options menu of the game and go to the “Pineapple” option and turn it off. Next, you have to kill enemies or break crates until you get a piece of pizza, which is the health recovery item, and collect it. After you “eat” the slice with “no pineapple” on it, the trophy will unlock.
|Legend in Training
Score a try.
In order to acquire this trophy, you have to go to the rugby field to the left of the town and score a goal. There will be a ball in the middle and one goal post on each end of the field. Simply push the ball through one of the goal posts and the trophy will unlock.
|Mr Millan, I Presume?
Become a dog whisperer.
For this trophy, you must first find your dog Ruby in town. After you find Ruby, you have to interact with her 5-6 times. The dialogue will keep saying “Woof!” until it eventually changes and she says something else. When that happens, the trophy will unlock.
Take Ruby for a walk to the beach.
The requirements for this trophy make you be a good dog owner and take Ruby for a walk to the beach. In order to take Ruby for a “walk” to the beach, you just have to push her. To push her you just walk against her and she will start moving in the direction you’re going. After you push her down to the beach for her “walk“, the trophy will unlock.
|You Know Them Well!
Meet all three members of the Kiwi Krew.
This trophy requires you to talk to three specific NPC’s that are all in certain areas. Luckily none of them are very hard to find so this is quite easy.
The locations are as follows:
- Lilac Lagoon – Once you have the Snorkel item, travel to Lilac Lagoon. Once there, go to the island in the center of the area, and on the left side of it, there will be one of the Kiwi Krew. Interact with them.
- Trail Farms – Once you have access to Trail Farms, which doesn’t happen until going to the 5th dungeon, you have to go to the very right of the area. There you will find the second member of the Kiwi Krew. Interact with them.
- Mount Janszoon – Once you have the ability to go up the mountain, which doesn’t happen until going to the 5th dungeon. Start going up the mountain to the far right as you can go, and you’ll see the last of the Kiwi Krew on the side of the path, looking out over the mountain. Interact with them.
After you interact with all 3 of the Kiwi Krew members, the trophy will unlock.
|Why Aren’t They Sleeping?
Discover the kiwi grove.
To get this trophy, you have to Discover Kiwi Grove. This pretty easy to find. As you leave the town to go east to the forest, at the forest entrance, go down instead and follow the path. Eventually you will pass the entrance to Lilac Lagoon. Just keep heading to the right and then you’ll find a house with the Microwave to play Micro Pong. Head up the screen from this and you’ll find Kiwi Grove and inside will also be a feather.
|The Land Before Time
Discover the tuatara cave.
To discover Tuatara Cave, you must first have obtained the snorkel item. After that, head to the beach in town and follow the screen to the left. You’ll see a hole in the water in the side of the terrain you can enter. When you enter it, the trophy will unlock and there’s also a feather inside.
|The Rugby Conspiracy
Discover the secret rugby facility.
To be able to discover the secret rugby facility, first you have to have the snorkel item. After you have it, head to the beach in town and enter the water and follow the screen to the right. Eventually you’ll see a little island in the water with a cave you can enter. Inside is the facility and a feather!
|The Competition is Heating Up!b
Beat the microwave at MicroPong.
In order to achieve this trophy, you have to beat the Microwave and MicroPong. The location of the house with the microwave is in the plains on the way to Kiwi Grove. Refer to Why Aren’t They Sleeping? for location details. Once you enter the house, talk to the microwave and start the minigame. The first one to 5 points wins. After beating the microwave, you’ll get the trophy and a feather.
|Where Does He Fit Them All?
Collected every permanent inventory item.
To get this trophy, you have to collect all the items that can’t leave your inventory. All of these are items you use and acquire throughout the story, minus two. You buy the Wheel Shoes for 200 coins at the store, and you get the cloak from finding all the feathers and talking to your grandmother.
The items are as follows:
- Cricket Bat
- Dart Gun
- Pet Rock
- Wheel Shoes
Once you acquire all the items, the trophy will unlock.
Collected every quest item.
To acquire this trophy, you have to acquire every single quest item in the game. This will come almost naturally as you play the game, as you get quest items leading up to every dungeon, and then the last one is acquired by beating the bonus dungeon after you beat the game.
Beat the highest score on StarBlazer.
In order to get this trophy, you have to beat the highest score on StarBlazer, which is the arcade machine found in the arcade in town. Each attempt costs 10 coins and the score you have to beat is 10,000. This may seem daunting at first but it isn’t too bad. Each enemy gives you a certain amount of points. A couple things you want to remember is that you can pick up collectible tokens. One that has an “S” on it gives you a shield, while the one with “P” powers up your guns.
The amount of points you score from each enemy are as follows:
- Blue Enemies – 5 Points
- Red Enemies – 15 Points
- Green Enemies – 30 Points
- Purple Enemies – 50 Points
After you gain more than 10,000 points, the trophy will unlock.
|Determination Beats Luck
Become the fisherman’s lucky charm.
To get this trophy, you have to become the fisherman’s “Lucky Charm”. To be able to do that, you just have to find and interact with him in certain areas. After interacting with him, he will give you a hint of where he will go next, and then you have to find him in said area.
The areas he appears in are in order:
- Harikoa – He is on the right side of the town, near the pond of water.
- Lilac Lagoon – In the middle of the area, next to the bonus dungeon. You need the Snorkel to be able to get to him at this location.
- Airey Bay – Once you enter this area from the plains, you’ll be on a big beach. Enter the water with the Snorkel, and go up a couple screens. After a few screens, you’ll see the fisherman along the beach, fishing.
- Mount Janszoon – Upon entering this area from the Plains, simply go left and then up. You will find him standing next to the water fishing.
- Maru Forest – Upon entering this area from the Plains, just keep going right. Enter the water once you can and go to the right again. There you will find the fisherman again. Simply get back up onto the land and talk to him again.
- Butler’s Cay – Once you swim to this area, follow the landscape down and around the area while in the water. You will find a path to get up onto land and then follow the screen down. There you will find the fisherman again.
- Plains – From the beach in Harikoa, simply enter the water and follow the screen to the right. Once you enter the Plains, follow along the landscape, and there will be a spot where you can get back onto the land and the fisherman will be fishing right next to the landing.
- Trail Farms – After you gain access to Trail Farms, go to the right of the area until you find a big silo. Once you find it, the fisherman is right next to the silo fishing.
After finding him in all these locations, simply go back to Harikoa and find the fisherman in his house, which is the northern house and talk to him again. You will get a feather and the trophy!
|Just Like Captain Cook
Reveal every tile on the world map.
For this trophy to unlock, you simply have to reveal every tile of the map. This isn’t as hard as it sounds, as the trophy pretty much comes naturally seen that you’ll be exploring the entire map looking for feathers and getting to the dungeons anyways. The earliest you can unlock this trophy is when you’re going to the 5th dungeon, as that’s when you have access to everywhere in the game.
|Peace on Toromi Island
Complete the game!
You unlock this trophy after you beat all 5 dungeons and see the credits. After you beat the fifth dungeon, and wake up in your bed again, you then have to go to the beach in the town. After that, you have to go to the Pier and start the end of the game sequence. You then get on the boat and then talk to your mother. After the dialogue, the credits will start rolling and the trophy will unlock.
|You’re Making Me Violent
Beat the bonus dungeon.
For this trophy, you are required to beat the bonus dungeon, which is unlocked after beating the game and seeing the credits. The bonus dungeon is just made up of rooms that have a series of increasingly stronger enemies to defeat. It is recommended that before attempting this dungeon, you stock up on as many healing supplies as you can afford or carry. After you get through the dungeon and get the item at the end, the trophy will unlock.
Collect every feather.
For this trophy, you have to collect all of the feathers in the game. There are 20 of them to collect and one of them requires you to have beaten the game and made it 3/4 of the way through the bonus dungeon. The feathers are ordered in alphabetical order in the feather book, but the guide will be broken down by area.
The locations of the feathers are in order by area and they are as follows:
- Fairy Tern – This feather is gained by completing the fisherman’s quest. Refer to Determination Beats Luck for a guide on how to do the side quest and get this feather.
- Kakapo – This is obtained in the arcade. There is a boy in the arcade named Brian. If you talk to him he tells you that if you beat his score on StarBlazer he will give you a feather. The score to beat is 5,000 points. Once you beat his score, talk to him and he will give you this feather.
- Kakariki – This feather is found in the cave with Smaug. To find the location of this feather, refer to The Land Before Time for more details.
- Pukeko – This is found in the fisherman’s house. The house is found on the north side of town. Once inside, there will be a staircase with a doorway in it. Enter the doorway to get under the stairs and the feather will be sitting there for the taking.
- Kaka – To get this feather, you have to beat the Microwave at MicroPong. Refer to The Competition Is Heating Up! for more information on the location of the house with the Microwave.
- Kereru – To be able to get this feather, you have to find the location of the Secret Rugby Facility. For information on where to find the Facility, refer to The Rugby Facility for more information.
- Kiwi – To be able to get this feather, you have to find the hidden Kiwi Grove. For the location of the Kiwi Grove, refer to Why Aren’t They Sleeping? for more information on how to find the location.
- Tui – To be able to get this feather, you have to first obtain the Shovel. Refer to Do You Want To Build A Sand Castle? to learn how to get the Shovel, though it is obtained through progression. After you have the shovel, go to your house in Harikoa and there will be a mound of dirt above the dog house. Use the shovel on it and then advance to the next screen to find the feather.
- Kokako – While going through the area that seems like a maze, there will be an exit at the very top right of the maze that goes around the outside of the area. Simply follow this path and it will lead to a different screen next to an exit to the left of it. Go through the left exit to go up to another screen and the feather.
- Yellowhead – On the screen that has the spa, in the top right corner, there will be a pile of dirt that can be moved with the Shovel. After you move the dirt, go to the next screen and there will be the feather. Refer to Do You Want To Build A Sand Castle? to learn how to get the shovel.
- Kingfisher – Once you have the Snorkel from the 3rd dungeon, you can enter water. Once you enter Airey Bay from the Plains, go down and enter the water with the Snorkel equipped. The feather will be in the water along the bottom of the screen.
- Silvereye – While going through Airey Bay, you will eventually see the feather in a walled off area on the very top of a screen. Once you see it, go to the screen to the left, and then you will see a thing of dirt that you can move away. Go to the dirt and move it and follow the screen to the right and get the feather.
- Black Robin – In the top left section of Butlers Cay, you’ll find a graveyard. In the top middle of the graveyard, you’ll see a big tombstone. If you interact with it using it will move and reveal a staircase. Go down the stairs to find this feather.
- Morepork – In order to get this feather, you have to have gotten the Pet Rock item from the 4th dungeon. After you have the item, if you travel to the bottom left of Butlers Cay, you’ll find a house with a cat sitting on a roof. The feather is in this house. Simply complete the puzzle using the Pet Rock and you will obtain the feather.
- Bellbird – Once you have access to Trail Farms, which isn’t until you are going to the 5th dungeon, you can get this feather. Once inside the farm, simply go north of the house and left of the well you see. The feather will be in the area with the trees.
- Stitchbird – Once you’ve gained access to climbing the mountain after getting the Kiwi Fruits from Trail Farms, start climbing the mountain. Right after you enter the mountain from where the construction workers are, immediately go down to another screen and you will find this feather.
- Kea – Once you’ve gained access to climbing the mountain after getting the Kiwi Fruits from Trail Farms, you can start climbing the mountain. Once you start going up the mountain, go as far left as you can, and then go down to a different screen and you will then find the feather.
- Huia – This feather is obtained in the bonus dungeon. After you get about 3/4 through the dungeon, you will be in an empty room with the feather up on a platform.
- Weka – Once you enter the area of Lilac Lagoon, simply follow the area around to the left and then up. You will eventually find the feather along the top of the screen.
- Whio – After entering Lilac Lagoon, follow the area on the right side and go up and you will find a house. Once inside the house, the feather will be in the middle of the room for you.
After obtaining all 20 feathers, the trophy will unlock.
|Not Your Standard Weapon
Acquire the cricket bat.
This will most likely be the first trophy you obtain in the game, as once you start the game, the first thing you have to do is go to your grandparents house. Once you enter the house, you have to go to your room in the back of the house and you will find the Cricket Bat. Once you pick it up, the trophy will unlock.
|Wind it Up!
Acquire the yoyo.
This trophy requires you to find the yo-yo in Maru Forest. Once you enter Maru Forest, you will find a spa that you need a membership card to get in to. Follow the path through the forest and you will eventually find a house on a tree stump that you can climb in to. Once in there, you will find a character to talk to and they will tell you how they lost a yo-yo in the spa. They will give you a membership card to the spa. Go back to the spa that you passed, and you can now get inside of it. Go to the right side of the area and you will find the yo-yo. Once you pick it up, the trophy will unlock.
Acquire the dart gun.
For this trophy, you have to acquire the Dart Gun, which is found in the second dungeon, Mahuta, in Maru Forest. Once you pick up the Dart Gun, the trophy will unlock.
|Do You Want to Build a Sand Castle?
Acquire the shovel.
This trophy requires you to acquire the shovel. After you beat the 2nd dungeon, and wake up in your bed, exit the house. On the left side of the town, there is a house that you can enter. Once you enter it, the shovel will be right in front of you. Once you pick it up, the trophy will unlock.
|Ain’t No River Wide Enough
Acquire the snorkel.
For this trophy, you have to acquire the Snorkel, which gives you the ability to swim. This is found in the 3rd dungeon, Kaitara Grotto, in Airey Bay. Once you pick the item up, the trophy will unlock.
|I Shall Call Him Stephen
Acquire the pet rock.
In order to obtain this trophy, you have to find the Pet Rock item. This item is found in the 4th dungeon, Marsden Crypt, which is found in Butler’s Cay. Once you pick this item up, the trophy will unlock.
|Gotta Go Fast!
Acquire the wheel shoes.
In order to acquire the wheel shoes, first you must collect 200 coins. After you have 200 coins, you must go to the shop in town and buy the wheel shoes. After you buy them, this trophy will unlock.
|Stop Trying to Hit Me and Hit Me!
Acquire the cloak.
To get this trophy, you have to find all of the feather collectibles in the game. After you find all the feathers, you have to go back to your grandparents house and talk to your grandmother. After the dialogue with her, you will acquire the Cloak item and the trophy will unlock.
Refer to Ornithologist for more information on the location of all 20 feathers in the game.
Beat the first dungeon.
To get this trophy, you have to beat the first dungeon, which is the Basement. The boss of this dungeon is Ol’ Martha, which is a big tumble dryer. This fight is pretty easy as there’s only 2 moves this boss does. One of the moves, Martha goes to the top of the screen and moves back and forth from left to right and shoots clothes at you. You can take your chances to get hits in when the boss moves in front of you if you decide to follow it. The other attack is Martha will jump into the air and try to slam down on you. Simply dodge out of the way and take your chance to hit the boss. Once the boss is dead, enter the room and get the Sea Hook and then the trophy will unlock.
Beat the second dungeon.
This trophy requires you to beat the 2nd dungeon of the game, which is Mahuta, and is in Maru Forest. The boss of this dungeon is Tunga and is a giant worm. This boss isn’t very hard as it just moves from part of the map to the next. There are holes all around the arena for the boss, and it will come out of one and randomly travel to the next. Its weak point is the giant red spot on the back end of it. The one thing you will have to look for are tiny worms that are sometimes spawned into the fight, but they just take one hit to die. After you kill the boss, go into the next room and pick up the Sea Hook and the trophy will unlock.
Beat the third dungeon.
In order to get this trophy, you have to beat the 3rd dungeon of the game which is Kaitara Grotto and is found in Airey Bay. The boss of the area is Inky and is a giant Octopus. For this fight, there are 3 platforms and 3 tentacles to hit. Go to one of the platforms and start there. The tentacles move back and forth from left to right until they eventually stop. Once they stop moving they will slam down onto the ground, so make sure not to be under it. After they slam down, this is the opportunity to get some hits in. Eventually the tentacles will go away and Inky’s eyes will get a weird animation in them. Quickly go to the center platform and shoot Inky with the Dart Gun. Once you do, Inky will shoot projectiles that you will have to dodge by using the snorkel and diving under the water. Repeat this with the rest of the tentacles and Inky will die. Once Inky is dead, acquire the Sea Hook from the next room and the trophy will unlock.
Beat the fourth dungeon.
For this trophy, you have to beat the 4th dungeon of the game, which is Marsden Crypt, in Butler’s Cay. The boss of this dungeon is Donn and is a giant Tombstone with arms that come from the ground. The fight starts out easy, as you can just hit Donn normally. After you do enough damage, the battle will change just a little bit. Four squares and four triangle. Donn will appear on one side, and you will have to use the Pet Rock and hit it off the triangle portions of the blocks to bounce it around and hit Donn. Once it hits Donn, it will be stunned and then you can get some hits in. You’ll have to repeat this until the boss is dead. Once you beat Donn, go to the next room and acquire the Sea Hook and the trophy will unlock.
Beat the fifth dungeon.
Once you beat the 5th and final story dungeon of the game, which is Kaihau, you will get this trophy. The boss of this dungeon, is the big antagonist, Heke. This fight can be quite tough, as Heke never fully stays in place. Heke will move around the arena alot, mostly charging at you, so this is the best time to do damage. Dodge out of the way and hit him once you have the chance. The second attack is the most annoying. Heke will go to one of the top corners of the map and move to the other side and shoot laser beams the whole time. To dodge this, you have to use the Pet Rock and stand behind it to avoid the lasers. Once you’ve done enough damage to Heke, he will die and the trophy will unlock.