Estimated time to 100%: 3 /10 (skills depending) hours
Missable trophies: one Piece of Mind
Glitched trophies: none
Welcome to Piecefall trophy Guide! a Tetris-like game where you have to complete puzzles. This game is an easy 100% except for the Nerves of Steel trophy that requires to finish the game on Expert mode in less than 10 minutes.
For this 100%, you need to play the entire games two times: one in normal mode and one on expert mode. You will need a lot of practice to memorize all the puzzle patterns too so you will replay every single level a lot of times.
There will be some images that show all the puzzle patterns for every single level in the corresponding trophy which will help you. The order on how to place the pieces is:
- Light Blue
Step 1: Normal mode
Play the game in normal mode while becoming confident with the controls and the puzzle style. An important thing is learning where the pieces of the puzzle will fall by looking for its shadow on the ground and memorizing the puzzle pattern.
Every stage is composed of three rounds:
- The first round of the first stage is a tutorial with a single piece, the second, and the third rounds have two pieces.
- The first round of the second stage has two pieces, the second and the third rounds have three pieces.
- The first round of the third stage has three pieces, the second and the third rounds have four pieces.
- The first round and the second of the last stage have four pieces and the third has five pieces.
To unlock the last level (Zen Garden) you will need 6,000 points, so keep doing levels until you reach the goal. After completing the first run select “continue” and collect 10,000 points to unlock the expert mode for the third stage.
When you have completed the game, you can go to the main menu, select the “credits” option and watch them until the end. When there are only icons on the screen. Do it only when you have completed the game once or the Credit card trophy won’t unlock
You’ll be earning these trophies:
Hu’s the Boss
Step 2: Expert mode and miscellaneous trophies.
In this stage, you will do the entire game in expert mode many times in preparation of the speedrun (it depends on your memory and ability skills). In expert mode, the pieces will fall faster than in normal mode so you will have less time to put them in the right place. Try to be as fast as possible and always speed up the pieces with the button.
You can do all the miscellaneous trophies too while training:
- replay an entire level with the “level select” (The farm level is the easiest and the fastest of the four) for the Instant Replay trophy;
- Flip a piece twelve times in a row for the Front Flip for Style trophy;
- Fail a puzzle five times in a row and complete it for Bounce Back trophy;
- Complete the game without using any hints for the Cube Companion trophy. Hints are shown when you fail a lot of time the same puzzle, do it and in the “game over” screen will be a new option: DON’T PRESS IT.
- Complete the entire game without failing any puzzle for the Piece of Mind trophy;
During this step you’ll earn these trophies:
Front Flip for Style
Piece of Mind
Step 3: Speedrun
This is the last and the hardest step of the game. You will need to complete all the levels in Expert mode in under 10 minutes. Here are some useful tips:
- Use the level related images if you are struggling with the puzzle patterns (colours order: Orange, Brown, Red, Light Blue, Green).
- Keep doing all levels again and again since you have memorized them with “level select“.
- Focus on the piece’s shadow and try to understand where it will fall.
- Try to do a few moves as possible to reach the right position of the piece.
- Always speed up the fall of the pieces with just when is in the right position.
- Have a stopwatch near you to see how much time you need to complete a level.
- Remember that the cutscenes between the levels count towards the total time so try to save at least 15/20 seconds in the end.
Here there are the four images which explain all the puzzle patterns of all the four levels:
During this step you’ll earn the last trophy needed for the 100%:
Nerves of Steel
|Nerves of Steel
Complete the entire game in Expert mode in under 10 minutes
This is the hardest trophies of the set and the last one you will probably earn. Take a look at the Step 3 section of the guide for more hints on how to make your life simple.
Reference times that are recommended to go for are:
- End of Farm-level – Around 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- End of Mirage-level – Around 3 minutes and 40 seconds.
- End of Polar-level – Around 6 minutes and 45 seconds.
- End of Zen island-level – Around 9 minutes and 30 seconds.
Credits to Kristofer Elliott
|Piece of Mind
Complete the game without failing a puzzle
In order to unlock this trophy, you will need to do all the four levels without any errors. Take a look at the Step 3 section of the guide to find all the images that show the correct patterns of every level.
Complete an entire run of Expert mode
To unlock the expert mode you will need to collect 10,000 points in the normal mode, after that you can select it from the main menu.
For this trophy, you need to complete the entire game in this difficulty. In this mode, the pieces will fall a little bit faster than the normal mode, giving you less time to think about what are you doing. Do a lot of practice on this mode because you will need it for later for the speedrun.
|Hu’s the Boss?
Complete the Zen island
This is the last level of the game and it’s the hardest one to complete due to the high number of pieces. To unlock it, you will need 6,000 points in the normal mode. The first round and the second of the last level have four pieces and the third has five pieces.
Complete the Polar island
This is the third level of the game, complete it to unlock the trophy. The first round of the third stage has three pieces, the second and the third have four pieces.
Complete the Mirage island
This is the second level of the game. Complete it to obtain the trophy. The first round of the second stage has two pieces, the second and the third have three pieces.
Complete the Farm island
This is your first level in the game, complete it to obtain the trophy. The first round of the first stage is a tutorial with a single piece, the second and the third rounds have two pieces.
Complete an island a second time through level select
To get this trophy, you will need to replay a level, so go to the main menu, choose “level select“, and replay complete three rounds of a level (the fastest one is the Farm Level). You will surely obtain it while doing practice for the speedrun.
|Front Flip for Style
Place a piece after rotating it at least 12 times
For this trophy, you will need to turn a piece 12 times in a row, so keep flipping it until the trophy pops. There is no need to put it in the right place, but if the trophy doesn’t pop, try to place it right after the 12 flips.
Pass a puzzle after failing it 5 or more times
Start a puzzle, fail it five times in a row by putting a piece in the wrong place, and then complete it to make this easy trophy pop.
Complete the game without using hints
You will need to complete an entire game without using hints. Hints are shown in the “game over” screen only after a couple of failures; there will be a new option that gives you hints, DON’T USE them until the end of the game and you’ll achieve this trophy.
View the credits screen after playing the game
This trophy requires you to watch the credits until the end. Select the “credits” option in the main menu, watch them until there are just icons on the screen, then press to make the trophy pop. Remember that you can only achieve this trophy after beating the game for the first time. If you start the game and you watch the credits before clearing it, the trophy will not unlock.