Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment today revealed the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Apex Legends as part of the release of the all-new, temporary Warriors Collection Event. Through April 12, the in-game event also introduces the return of 9v9 Control mode, a new Arenas folder, exclusive cosmetic items, Crypto’s Heirloom and more.
For a detailed overview of all the content surrounding the in-game event, check below and in the blog post here:
- Next-gen version – PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S players will enjoy improvements in the form of 4k output, full 60hz gameplay, HDR, higher resolution shadows and larger LOD distances, among others.
- Control is back – The temporary 9v9 mode Control returns for two weeks, this time with the addition of the so-called Caustic Treatment in Kings Canyon.
- The Caustic Treatment – The battlefield of Kings Canyon now features more zip lines, skydive launchers and even a hover tank for more balance and improved flow.
- New Arenas Map: Drop-Off – The new map towers over the Malta skyline at the fully automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower. Under the code name Drop-Off, Arenas fighters secretly claim this spot at night for fierce battles under the smoggy sky.
- Exclusive cosmetic items – The in-game event introduces a new set of 24 cosmetic items, including skins such as the “Synthetic Huntress” Ash Skin, “Riding Dirty” Octane Skin, “Jewel Olympus” Horizon Skin, “Combat Survivalist” Lifeline and more.
- Rewards Tracker – Every week of the in-game event, there are new rewards to unlock. Players do this by earning points and completing challenges each day. The Warriors Collection Event also introduces a temporary Stretch Challenge that unlocks four unique badges when players complete them.
Players can get started with Apex Legends today for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC via Origin and Steam.