Estimated time to 100%: 30/45 mins
Missable trophies: None
Glitched trophies: None
Difficulty related: None
Welcome to the Never Alone: Foxtales DLC Trophy Guide! A short addition to this amazing atmospheric puzzle platform game and to the
Alaskan folklore story of the Iñupiat!
Step 1: Play the DLC while getting the 5 Cultural Insights
From the main menu, select the ” Play Foxtales” option and start it. You will follow an Iñupiat story divided into 3 chapters.
While playing, make sure to collect the 5 Cultural Insights as well. 2 of them are related to the story and you will unlock them automatically, 2 of them are along the path, 1 of them is easily missable so make sure to collect it.
NOTE: you don’t have to play the main game to be able to start the DLC even tho, it’s recommended.
You’ll be earning these trophies:
Trying to Set Things Right
There Was a Village
Respect For All Things
Step 2: Watch the 5 Cultural Insights
Once you have collected all the 5 Cultural Insights, it’s time to watch them all. You can find them in the pause menu or the main menu under the “Cultural Insights” option.
NOTE: there’s no need to watch the entire video; you can simply start it then back out.
Once you have watched them you will unlock your last trophy:
|Trying to Set Things Right
Nuna and Fox continued after the Mouse.
This trophy is obtained after completing Chapter 1: The Ocean of the DLC.
This chapter is basically a tutorial but if you have already played the main game, you will only learn how to row a boat and how to use “Spirit Rocks” which are the new mechanics of this DLC.
|There Was a Village
Nuna and Fox left the destroyed Village behind.
This trophy is obtained after completing Chapter 2: The River.
|Respect For All Things
Nuna and Fox deated a formidable foe.
This trophy is obtained after completing Chapter 3: The Lake.
You found and viewed all the Cultural Insights.
This trophy will unlock after obtaining and watching all the Cultural Insights of the DLC.
There are a total of 5 Cultural Insight and they are given by an owl that “hides” around the levels:
- 2 of them are related to the story and you will unlock them automatically;
- 2 of them are along the path;
- 1 of them is easily missable so make sure to collect it.
Here you can find a video provided by NobodyGrotesque and a written description with the timestamps:
- Obtained after starting the DLC
1. The Coastal Brothers
- Chapter 1: The Ocean
2. Season of Life – almost at the beginning of the chapter your path will be blocked by an iceberg. Use the fox to go underwater and move the spirit above it to push the boat to the other side. You can see the owl standing on the other side of the iceberg (from 0:20);
3. Ice Story – near the end of the chapter during the section with the floating ice. Use the fox to reach the highest platform you see (from 1:50);
- Chapter 2: The River
4. The Provider – MISSABLE – near the end of the chapter you will see some broken wooden platforms. After completing the puzzle, use the fox to climb the walls on the far right (from 2:20);
- Obtained after beating the DLC
5. Respect For All Things
After unlocking them all, go under the “Cultural Insight” section of the main menu or from the pause menu and watch all the videos you have unlocked to get this trophy. These will provide you an interesting documentary on the Iñupiat culture, a group of Alaskan natives.
NOTE: If you are not interested in the Iñupiat culture, you can simply start the video then back out. Rinse and repeat 24 times and you will unlock the trophy.