Earlier today the official Minecraft Twitter account has announced that it will be closing down the online game in June 2021. You will still be able to download and play the game until June 30th, 2021.
Today on the 5th of January they will updating the game and changing the following things:
- Removing real-money transactions
- Drastically reducing ruby costs
- Including all completed, unreleased content currently in our pipeline
- Reducing time requirements for crafting and smelting
- Replacing unused crafting & smelting boosts with radius boosts of the same level
- Granting a set of Character Creator items to players who sign in between January 5 and June 30
All players with paid ruby balances will be granted Minecoins, which you can use on the Minecraft Marketplace and even a free copy of Minecraft Bedrock edition to spend those coins in.