Estimated time to Platinum: 1 – 2 Hours.
Trophies: 22. 1 / 8 / 9 / 4 .
Missable trophies: None.
Glitched trophies: None.
Difficulty related: None.
Welcome to the Kingdom Of Arcadia Trophy Guide!
One day, you play an arcade game, hoping to have fun, next thing you know, you’re being sucked inside and are tasked with saving the land in this fun 2D platformer!
Step 1: Beat the first 10 levels + Collectibles!
So in this step, we’re gonna beat the first 10 levels of the game, while getting the collectibles in each of them! You also have to kill a boss while you work through these 10 levels, but he’s not too bad at all. The main objective here is collectibles and clears! After this step, you’ll have every trophy but one!
You’ll be earning these trophies:
First Secret Area
First Secret Element
Level Up Armour
Level Up Sword
Level Up Knives
Secret Element 1
Secret Element 2
Magic Scepter 1
Step 2: Grind Money (Optional)
In this step, that you can completely skip if you’d like, I recommend grinding a bit of money for upgrades. I went into the second boss with level 2 armour, level 2 sword, and level 1 knives, and I still felt underpowered. So I recommend upgrading at least your armour a few times, or your sword so he falls faster. Completely up to you.
Step 3: Beat the second boss!
This was the hardest part of the platinum honestly. The second boss really ramps up, but once you beat him, the platinum is all yours! Refer to “Magic Scepter 2” for the relative info on the boss!
During this step you’ll earn the following trophies:
Magic Scepter 2
Ruler Of Arcadia
Tips and Strategies:
- No need to rush levels. They get increasingly hard!
- If you open a switch door, it’s open forever!
- Collect every coin you see, as upgrades are essential!
Collectables Video Guide:
|Ruler of Arcadia
Unlock all other trophies
Unlock all other trophies
Destroy the first enemy
This is for killing your very first enemy of the game! When you see them, you have to hit for a melee attack, or to throw your ranged weapons!
|First Secret Area
Find a secret area
Secret areas are all over the place in levels, and they are indicated by cracked walls. When you see one, you have to smack it until it breaks, then enter it, and you get this trophy!
|First Secret Element
Find your first secret element
The Elements are the collectibles that are hidden in a chest in every single level. You get this trophy once you get the first one. Refer to “Secret Element 2” for more info on the locations of the elements in the first 10 levels of the game.
Open the first wall
Throughout the game, you’ll have to open up coloured walls by finding the switch that corresponds to the colour that they are. Once you open the first one, which is unmissable, this trophy is yours.
Complete level 1-1
You get this trophy once you beat Level 1-1!
Complete level 1-2
When you beat Level 1-2, this trophy is yours!
Complete level 1-3
After you beat Level 1-3, you get this trophy.
Complete level 1-4
Once you beat Level 1-4, this trophy unlocks for you.
Complete level 1-5
Beating level 1-5 will unlock this trophy for you.
Complete level 2-1
When you beat Level 2-1, this trophy is all yours.
Complete level 2-2
To get this trophy, you have to beat Level 2-2.
Complete level 2-3
In order for this trophy to unlock, you need to beat Level 2-3.
Complete level 2-4
This trophy requires you to beat Level 2-4 to unlock it.
Complete level 2-5
After you beat Level 2-5, this trophy unlocks for you.
|Level Up Armour
Upgrade your armor
To be able to get this trophy, you have to buy the first armour upgrade for 500 coins!
|Level Up Sword
Upgrade your sword
This trophy requires you to buy the first sword upgrade for 400 coins.
|Level Up Knives
Upgrade your knife
In order to get this trophy, you must buy the first upgrade for knives, which costs 300 coins!
|Secret Elements 1
Find 5 secret elements
For this trophy, you have to find 5 collectibles. There is one per level, located behind a secret wall! Refer to “Secret Element 2” for information on where they are located!
|Secret Elements 2
Find 10 secret elements
This trophy is for collecting 10 collectibles. There is one collectible per level, and it’s always hidden behind a secret wall, so be sure to explore! You’ll know you got a collectible in a level, because in the level select hall, the eyeball element is floating above the gate! Below is where you can find every collectible in each level.
- Level 1-1: At the end of the level, you’ll see a giant sign talking about destroying walls. Jump up the platform to the left of it, then you’ll see a line of coins go to the left. Jump to it, and you’ll end up on another screen. Climb the ladder, and hit the wall at the top, then follow the path left to find the collectible in a chest!
- Level 1-2: Once the level starts, just follow the path all the way to the right, as far as you can. You’ll end up hopping over spikes on the ground, and you’ll be at a hole you can drop down. Drop down it all the way to the bottom, and you’ll see two slimes. Kill them and then go left, break the wall, and the element will be in the chest!
- Level 1-3: After you’ve made it through the unlocked wall at the beginning, you’ll go up a ladder, and can go left, right, or hop onto a platform that goes right as well. Hop up top, and take the high road on the right. You’ll know you went the right way when you kill a wizard. Now drop down to see more enemies, and a second wizard enemy. Behind that wizard is a breakable wall. Kill the wizard, break the wall, and open the chest to get the elemental for this level!
- Level 1-4: This one is a little more complicated to get too. Once the level starts, drop down to the left, then go as far right as you can go. You’ll see a series of spikes with a wizard on the other side, and you’ll know you’re in the right place. Now drop down the hole behind the wizard, and through the next screen. When you can go left, go left for one screen, and you’ll have many directions to choose from. Drop down the wooden board on the left, and when you land, destroy the wall to your right, which will reveal five chests. The elemental is in one of these chests!
- Level 1-5: In the level, one of the first things you’ll need to do is open a green door, so you’ll be off to find the switch! Once you find the switch, DON’T DROP DOWN FROM IT! Just to the right of the switch, is a breakable wall. So break the wall and get the elemental, or you’ll need to go through the hassle of getting back up there.
- Level 2-1: After you flip the green switch in the level, proceed along the path to the left, for two screens. Eventually you’ll find yourself in a vertical room. Once you enter the room, you should see a yeti enemy just below you. Kill him and then break the wall behind him, and you’ll find the elemental hidden in the chests!
- Level 2-2: After you flip the green switch and heap upwards from it, you’ll find yourself fighting a miniboss. Once the miniboss is dead, the doors will open and you can ride a platform elevator just to the right. At the top of the elevator, is a broken wall on the right. So break it, go into the new screen, and kill the two brown slimes inside, and get the elemental from the chest!
- Level 2-3: As you progress through the level, you come to a small corridor with turrets on the floor and ceiling (7 all together), and you’ll need to dodge them, to get to the right side. Once you do, there will be 4 more turrets on the ceiling, and you can go to the bottom right, or top right. Go to the bottom right entrance, and then drop through the platforms located right in the middle of the floor. You’ll end up fighting a miniboss here. Once it’s dead, destroy the broken wall on the bottom right, and kill the enemies so you can open the chests to get the elemental!
- Level 2-4: In the level, you’ll end up in a room with a giant pool of water, with piranhas in it. If you take the left exit, you can go up, or down. If you take the top left exit, you’ll end up at the green switch. If you take the bottom left exit, you’ll end up at a miniboss. This is where you want to be. Kill the miniboss and follow the path to the right, and you’ll find a skeleton enemy, so make sure you kill it. Then open the chests to find this elemental.
- Level 2-5: Near the end of the level, you’ll be in a vertical corridor, when you have to ride a balloon to many different exits in the room. Ride the balloon to the sixth exit on the left side of the room, and you’ll have to jump around some maces. In the second screen, there will be a skeleton and a red eye enemy. Kill them to get to the wall behind them. Destroy the wall and break the chest! For reference, while in the spot with the last elemental, you’ll be directly under the green switch. You’ll see it on screen above you.
|Magic Scepter 1
Get the first magic scepter
This trophy is acquired once you beat the first boss, which is the Golden Knight. He is relatively easy!
When he swings his sword back, he’ll send a shockwave out that you have to jump over. If he jumps in the air, he’s about to throw out some daggers that you must dodge, so run away so you get the needed space between them to dodge.
When he’s about halfway dead, he gets angry and starts jumping about. When he lands from a jump, he’ll have little dust squares next to him. THESE HURT YOU IF YOU TOUCH THEM! After the dust squares are gone, attack him before he jumps again! Rinse and repeat until he falls!
|Magic Scepter 2
Get the second magic scepter
This trophy is for beating the second boss of the game. Now this is where it’s really annoying, and I recommend upgrading your items quite a few times. He has 3 attacks that he will use. The first attack is when he lifts his fists into the air, he will slam them down, causing ice spikes to come out of the ground, in an iceberg shape, you have to jump back then go forward mid jump to land between them.
The second attack is that he will jump around the arena in a ball, and when he lands, dust comes out from him, that will hurt you if you touch it! Sort of like the Golden Knight.
The third and worst attack is that he summons a giant snowflake that releases little snowflakes, that you have to get lucky to jump between without receiving damage! There’s no pattern to when you can jump between the little flakes, so you just have to hope for the best. He will alternate attacks though as the fight goes on. So if he just made icebergs, he will then make snowflakes, and if he just made snowflakes, he’ll then make icebergs. No two attacks are repeated. BUT he will always jump around between the two other attacks. So be careful! Also, when he’s making the snowflake, if you’re standing too close to him when it’s done, you will get hurt, as he kicks out his feet. So damage him a bit, then back off! Once he’s dead, the worst is over!