Aerie Digital has announced that Battle Bands, the multiplayer deck-building game set in a rock & roll fantasy land, will release on Steam Early Access for PC on March 17. But you don’t have to wait that long! You can try out this amped-up battle-of-the-bands experience with friends right now with the game’s free open beta, going on today until February 22 on Steam.
Your deck is your instrument in Battle Bands — choose from guitar, bass, keyboard, or drums, then craft your deck with hundreds of unique unlockable cards. Take on roguelike co-op campaigns for up to four players against challenging AI rivals in Tour Mode, and create or join a band with other players in online tournament team play for up to 64 bands in Royale Mode. Customize your group’s look and instruments, deck out your van in style, and hit the stage like a rock star.
Early Access Features:
- Co-op Tour Mode: Full roguelike campaigns with challenging bosses for 1-4 players
- Competitive Multiplayer Royale Mode: 64-band online tournaments supporting up to 4 players in each band
- 4 Instrument-based Decks: Each with 30 levels of unlockable cards
- Free Season 1 Backstage Pass with 50 levels of unlockable cosmetic items
- Customize your characters, instruments, and van in a variety of ways
Early access gives Aerie the opportunity to work together with players to create a better Battle Bands experience, consider feedback, and develop iteratively with the community. As early access progresses, Battle Bands will expand with new content and customization options toward its official launch.