Estimated time to platinum: 20/40 Mins
Missable trophies: None
Glitched trophies: None
Difficulty related: None
Playthrough: Skill dependent
Welcome to the 36 Fragments of Midnight Trophy Guide!
Avoid deadly lasers, circular saws, and spikes to collect all the Fragments,
to get their greatest gift. Do you have what it takes to collect all?
This game is developed by Petite Games and ported on consoles by Ratalaika Games.
Step 1: Dying and Practicing
During this step, you should focus on the dying related trophies while acquiring the hang of the game.
There’s nothing more than learning how all obstacles work and how and when to jump.
You will need some practice so there’s not an effective number of playthroughs so keep getting the hang of the game and always try to improve yourself.
Keep in mind that the generation of the level is randomized every time but the obstacles are always the same even if in different places.
While practicing, you should be earning these trophies:
The Greatest Gift
Only the half left
Cutted in half
At least you tried
That IS bad luck
Step 2: Speedrun
Now that you earned a good knowledge of the game, you need to fasten yourself and try to complete the game in less than 6 minutes.
Don’t rush the obstacles tho to avoid useless deaths and frustration and memorize your starting point as you need to come back there later.
Once you have completed the speedrun you’ll be earning these trophies:
The fastest one
Become a master collector
|The greatest gift
Get 36 fragments
This trophy will pop after collecting all the 36 fragments that are scattered throughout the whole level of the game and taking them back to the spawning point.
|Only the half left
Get 18 fragments
To get this trophy, you need to collect 18 fragments in total that are scattered throughout the whole level of the game. Once you pick up the 18th fragment, the trophy will pop.
|The fastest one
Get 36 fragments in less than 6 Min
This trophy is probably the hardest of the entire set as you need to collect all the fragments of the game (36) and take them back to the spawning point in less than 6 minutes.
Here a couple of tips and tricks that can help you:
- Keep exercising and you will get easily the hang of the game and good knowledge on how to face up all the obstacles;
- The level generation is randomized so you will always start from a different place and the obstacles will be in different locations as well;
- REMEMBER your starting point! You will need to come back there after collecting all the fragments;
- The level is composed of different floors. Focus and clear one layer at a time by planning your route through the level;
- The more you go deeper, the darker the screen becomes so keep that in mind;
- Even you have to be fast, don’t rush the obstacles to avoid useless deaths and frustration;
- If you pause the game, the timer will stop as well but you need to finish the level in under 6 minutes.
Even tho the levels are randomized, here a video that can be useful for you to learn how to face up all the obstacles and can help you with the platinum:
NOTE: If you end it and the timer says 6:00 minutes the trophy won’t pop.
Die by a laser
Lasers are almost always signaled by a danger sign on the ground or on the ceiling and they will kill you if they touch you.
To get this trophy, you need to get killed by one of these lasers which appear randomly on the level.
|Cutted in half
Die by a saw
Saws can be found randomly during a level. They can always stay in the same position or they can move vertically or horizontally.
To get this trophy, simply jump on one of them. This will cause your death but you will make this trophy pop.
Die by a spike
Spikes can be found randomly on the floor or on the ceiling of the level.
To get this trophy, simply jump on them even tho you will die.
|At least you tried
Die with only 1 fragments
To make this trophy pop, simply collect just a fragment then kill yourself.
Die with 35 fragments
To get this trophy, simply collect all but one fragment then kill yourself.
|That IS bad luck
Die with 36 fragments
To get this cruel trophy you will need to collect all the fragments of the game then kill yourself.
NOTE: if you want to save some time and try to collect this trophy and The Greatest Gift together, there’s a little trick you can try:
- After collecting all the fragments, you need to return to the starting point. Once close, check if there is any obstacle around it. When you pass on the starting point, a dialogue will start and you won’t be able to move your character anymore BUT it will keep going Right/Left so use this “bug” at your advantage and try to aim for one of the various obstacles as well BEFORE triggering the dialogue.
If you were fast enough during that playthrough, you can also unlock one or both the speedrun-related trophies.
Get 36 fragments in less than 10 Min
This trophy will pop after completing the game il less than 10 minutes in total.
Check The fastest one trophy description for further details.
Get 1 fragments
This trophy will pop right after you collect your first fragment in the game.
There is always a fragment on the right of the spawning point.